The public shall take notice that a Joint Interlocal Committee will meet on Monday, January 11, 2021, at 11:00 a.m., to discuss the following matters:
- East Sanford Redevelopment Strategies (including the S-Line Rail Project and Temple Park);
- Development Trends and Permitting;
- Multi-Sports Complex and Planning Opportunities for Surrounding Area;
- Growth Management (Planning for Urban vs. Rural);
- Satellite Annexation;
- Fire Department Coverage;
- Sewer and Water Connection in relation to Annexation; and
- any other items that might come before the Committee.
The committee consists of the City Manager and three members of the Sanford City Council; the County Manager and three members of the Lee County Board of Commissioners; and the Town Manager and two members of the Broadway Town Council.
The meeting will be held in the auditorium of the McSwain Extension Education and Agriculture Center located at 2420 Tramway Road in Sanford. Members of the public may attend this meeting in person; however, in an effort to ensure health and safety for everyone in attendance, masks will be required and attendance will be limited to 15 members of the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please call City Clerk Bonnie Davis at 919-777-1111 or Deputy City Clerk Vicki Cannady at 919-777-1112 with any questions.