The U.S. Postal Service has announced that its standard for prompt delivery has slowed. The new longer delivery standard has resulted in lengthy times-in-transit for utility bills and payments.
To prepare for slower delivery, the City of Sanford encourages all customers to sign up for paperless billing, which allows utility bills to be received by email. The City also offers several payment methods that allow customers to avoid mail. They are:
- pay by electronic draft on your due date each month;
- pay by phone using a credit or debit card via our automated service at 919-775-8215;
- pay online by visiting www.sanfordnc.net and selecting “Online Payments”;
- drop-off payment in the drop box located in the U-drive at the Sanford Municipal Center;
- pay using cash at any local CheckFreePay Payment Center; or
- mail payments well in advance.
To avoid late penalties, the Customer Service Department must receive payment no later than 5 p.m. ten days after the due date.
Access all City of Sanford payment options on our website here.
For assistance or further information, contact the Customer Service Department at 919-775-8215 during standard operating hours of Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.