This notice is to inform the public that various appointments made by the City Council on the following Boards, Commissions, and Committees will expire on June 30, 2020:
- ABC Board - 1 appointment
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) - 1 appointment
- Appearance Commission - 3 appointments
- Board of Adjustment - 1 alternate appointment (also serves as the Housing Board of Appeals)
- Historic Preservation Commission - 2 appointments
- Opioid Abuse Epidemic Commission - 3 appointments (2 At Large appointments and 1 Treatment Facility Representative)
- Planning Board - 2 appointments
- Sanford Housing Authority - 2 appointments (1 regular appointment and 1 resident commissioner)
- Sanford Tourism Development Authority - 1 hotelier appointment and 2 business/tourism appointments
Appointments are for three-year terms beginning July 1, 2020.
In order to be eligible for initial appointment, a person must file a written application on a form provided by the City Clerk, setting forth name, address, and the name of the board to which appointment is desired. The application shall also include an affirmative statement that the applicant is a registered voter in the City.
The application may be accompanied by any additional written information which the applicant wishes the City Council to consider, other than letters of reference and petitions of others advocating the appointment.
In order to be considered for an appointment, an application must be filed with the City Clerk no later than June 1 preceding the beginning of the term for which the appointment is desired.
For more information, contact Bonnie Davis at 919-777-1111 or email@example.com. Download an application on the Boards and Commissions section of our website.