The City Clerk's Office is staffed by the City Clerk, Bonnie Davis. The City Clerk's Office serves as a document and information resource to City Council, all city departments, and to the citizens of Sanford. The City Council, upon recommendation of the City Manager, shall appoint the City Clerk to serve at the will and pleasure of the Council. The City Clerk's Office is subject to the supervision of the City Manager.
- Maintains custody, control, filing and storage of all minutes, ordinances and other information pertaining to the operation of the city government
- Provides clerical services to both the Police Civil Service Commission and the Fire Civil Service Commission
- Provides staff support to City Council
- Publishes notices when required by law
- Serve as the Chief Election Official of Municipal Elections
- Transcribes all City Council minutes