The following is information required at the time of plan submittal:
- Completed Building Permit Application.
- Completed Zoning Permit. (Orange Sheet - included in Building Permit Application).
- One set of building plans to include:
- Foundation and footing details
- Framing details
- Floor plans
- Structural requirements
- One set of site plans (example (PDF)).
- For septic systems - A construction authorization or approved re-evaluation from the Lee County Health Department is required (if applicable) 919-718-4641.
- Historic Districts - A Certificate of Appropriateness is required prior to exterior renovations or additions to property located in any of the historic districts. Please contact the Community Development Department at 919-775-8240 for information on how to obtain a Certificate of Appropriateness.
The average review time for single family residential plans by the Inspections and Planning Departments is approximately 5 business days.
Permit applications for all other trades, i.e. electrical, plumbing, and mechanical must be completely filled out and submitted to the Permit Clerk upon application for other permits.