The City of Sanford Human Resources Department has three employees who oversee and coordinate the human resources programs and services for City employees.
- The recruitment and selection of City employees
- New employee orientation, training and career development
- Employee recognition
- Employee health and wellness programs
- Employee benefit programs
- Personnel policy development and administration
- Position classification
- Wage and salary administration
- Employee relations
- Personnel records management
Human Resources is also responsible for overseeing risk management functions.