Leak / High Bills
- What are the “present” and “previous” dates? Did anything unusual occur during this time period? Washing cars, watering the lawn, leaving a water hose turned on, filling a pool, washing a lot of clothes, extra house guests?
- Check house for leaks - leaking faucets (inside and out), running toilets, leaking water heater, dishwasher, icemaker, washer; water under the house, listen for running water.
- Check yard for wet spots.
- Look at the history section of your bill and compare current usage to usage for last month as well as a year ago.
- For more information view the Water Brochure (PDF).
Conservation Program for Ultra Low Flow Toilet
The City of Sanford encourages water saving practices, water reuse and conservation. As part of our water conservation program, the City offers a rebate program for customers that install ultra low flow toilets (ULF 1.6 gals).
Customers may receive a $50 credit on their water account for replacing a water-wasting toilet with a ULF toilet. Customers may replace a second toilet and receive a $25 credit. The City will give no more than two credits per account. View the Conservation Program for Ultra Low Flow Toilet Application (PDF).
National League of Cities Service Line Warranty Program
SLWA is a private company that provides optional water and/or sewer service line warranties to homeowners. SLWA is proud to have been selected by the National League of Cities (NLC) as an Enterprise Programs Partner. The NLC, representing over 218 million Americans, is the nation's oldest and largest organization devoted to strengthening and promoting cities as centers of opportunity, leadership and governance. After almost a decade in business, SLWA has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. For more information view the Service Line Warranty Program (PDF).